Ditch the added brown sugar and add dates to your mashed sweet potatoes and you'll never look back. The added crunch of the cashews makes this the perfect side dish or snack.
- 1 small Sweet Potato per person
- 1 teaspoon Clarified butter per person
- 2 tablespoons Chopped unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons Chopped pitted dates
- 1 pinch Ground Cinnamon
- Wash and pierce the sweet potato
- Wrap the sweet potato in a wet paper towel
- Microwave the sweet potato for 5-8 minutes or until soft
- Carefully remove the sweet potato from the microwave and peel the skin
- Mash the peeled sweet potato
- Mix in the cinnamon and clarified butter
- Top with chopped cashews and dates
You can store the cooked sweet potato with cinnamon and clarified butter in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. I don’t recommend adding the cashews and dates until you are ready to eat. They will become soggy if you do.
Reheat in your microwave for about a minute or until warm. Top with chopped cashews and dates.
This recipe qualifies for the Whole30 plan, Paleo, and is vegetarian. To make it vegan, omit the clarified butter and use coconut oil if desired. There’s just something about the mouth-feel of the added fat.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Side Dish, Snack, vegetable, Vegetarian
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cashew, dates, paleo, sweet potatoe, vegetarian, whole30