HOW TO MAKE BEEF AND KALE PASTA BAKE
Prep the veggies first.
- wash and chop the kale or purchase prewashed and chopped kale.
- dice the onion.
- mince the garlic.
- dice the bell peppers
- wash and chop the mushrooms.
Measure out your dry pasta, you’ll need two cups of macaroni or small shells. You could also use 2 cups of uncooked rice.
Grab your prepared pasta sauce and can of diced tomatoes. Measure out 2 cups of water.
Brown the ground beef, drain and set aside.
Shred the cheddar cheese and set it aside.
Then begin the saute.
- saute the onions in olive oil for about 3 minutes, then add the garlic, mushrooms and red bell pepper.
- add the spices.
- add the chopped kale.
- add the canned diced tomatoes.
- add the pasta sauce and water.
- add the uncooked pasta.
- add the browned ground beef.
Continue to cook as directed below then assemble the casserole and bake.
NUTRITION FACTS FOR THE KALE
This recipe uses 3x the amount of kale as other recipes. We amped up the nutrition by doing this and it’s delicious!
For one cup of raw kale, check out the nutrient value:
Vitamin A: 49.6mcg
Vitamin K: 80.3mcg
Vitamin C: 19.2mg
This dish is a great way to get healthy amounts of potassium and calcium, not to mention all the other benefits.