Extra special and delicious! All the wholesome goodness you want in banana bread and them some 😉
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 1/2 cup 1 stick of butter softened to room temperature
- 1/2 tablespoon of canola oil
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 cup of freshly fed sourdough starter
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 over ripe bananas at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
In one bowl, combine the wet ingredients together.
- Cream the sugar, vanilla, egg and butter together
- Mash the bananas and add them to the creamed ingredients
- Mix in the sourdough starter
In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda and chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into a 9x5inch bread pan prepped with with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 55 minutes at 350 degrees F. or until done — insert a toothpick and it should come out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then move to a cooling rack. Cool completely before slicing.
- Use mini semi-sweet chocolate chips if you want smaller chocolate chip pieces
- Can be made into 4 mini-loaf pans — reduce bake time by 5 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Baked Bread
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana bread, chocolate chips, sourdough bread