Banana bread is amazing — but add chocolate chips and the amazing element of sourdough to the mix and YUM!
This is the perfect recipe for your sourdough starter discard. You’ll love the tangy sweetness of this bread when you slice into it.
How to Make Sourdough Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
This post may contain affiliate links. We are proud to be an Amazon Affiliate. Please read my disclosure policy.
Don’t you just love Banana Bread?
So comforting and delicious and it’s hard to imagine that you can make it better, but you can!
This recipe is a fun alternative to the traditional banana bread with the sourdough starter and chocolate chips thrown in.
Make sure you feed your starter before you make the bread.
You’ll want a recently fed and ready starter for this recipe. [Want to make your own sourdough starter? Click Here.]
It creates a light and airy texture to the crumb which is a nice change from usually heavy banana bread.
Other Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Extra ripe bananas
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- An Egg
- Whole Wheat Flour
- All-Purpose Flour
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Baking Soda
Try this recipe and let me know what you think.
Hop over to Instagram, share your photo and tag @vineandplate and don’t forget to add the #vineandplate.
Never miss a recipe or wine pairing. Get my latest recipes, wine tips, home hacks, and more.
*we never rent or share our list. we promise to
keep your info safe and will not spam you.*
Ready to make a loaf of
Sourdough Chocolate Chip Banana Bread?
Sourdough Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- ½ cup 1 stick of butter softened to room temperature
- ½ tablespoon of canola oil
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- ½ cup of light brown sugar
- 1 cup of freshly fed sourdough starter
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 over ripe bananas at room temperature
- 1 ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 ½ cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
In one bowl, combine the wet ingredients together.
- Cream the sugar, vanilla, egg and butter together
- Mash the bananas and add them to the creamed ingredients
- Mix in the sourdough starter
In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda and chocolate chips.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix everything together.
Pour the batter into a 9x5inch bread pan prepped with with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 55 minutes at 350 degrees F. or until done -- insert a toothpick and it should come out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then move to a cooling rack. Cool completely before slicing.
- Use mini semi-sweet chocolate chips if you want smaller chocolate chip pieces
- Can be made into 4 mini-loaf pans -- reduce bake time by 5 minutes.
Hey, I’m Lisa and I’m glad you stopped by. I love food and wine and making things that people love. Speaking of love, that’s my hubby with me in this photo. We were in one of the many tulip fields in Holland in 2018. Such beautiful colors and these fields stretched for miles and miles. Anyway, thanks for checking out the recipe. I’d love to hear how it goes when you make it so come back to the recipe and leave a comment and rating. Also, don’t forget to share your photo on Instagram and tag #vineandplate so I can brag about you 😉 …. Read More
Leave A Comment