Cozy, Easy, Delicious White Bean Chicken Chili
The perfect cuddle up kind of chili. The warm spices, fresh cilantro and lime make this a go-to one pot meal.
White Bean Chicken Chili
When the temperatures drop, I start craving chili.
I grew up eating chili from a can and loved it. I didn’t know any better ❤️. My dad would crush up saltine crackers and sprinkle them in the chili then top it with cheddar cheese; nothing made me happier.
As I grew up my chili love grew and I learned the power of the crockpot for cooking chili. There’s just something about that all-day cooked flavors that come out of that ceramic bowl!
A while back, my husband made me White Bean Chicken Chili.
If something can be light and savory at the same time, this chili is it.
I know, I know, there’s a ton of debate whether anything with beans or chicken is a chili. Whatever you want to call this, know that it is easy, delicious and a fast favorite.
The ingredients you’ll need are listed below:
- 2 lbs. of chicken — we use 1 lb. chicken breast and 1 lb. of skinless, boneless chicken thighs.
- 4 cups of good chicken broth. If you don’t have homemade, Better than Boullion is a great substitute.
- 1 cup of diced carrots
- 3 stalks of diced celery
- 1/2 cup of diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup of diced white or yellow onion
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 1/2 tsp. of ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. of dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 oz. of canned diced green chilis — with the water
- 1 can of White Beans — navy or cannellini
Serve it with fresh cilantro, lime wedges, pickled or fresh jalapenos, sour cream, shredded Monterey jack cheese, your favorite hot sauce and fresh corn tortilla chips.
Try this recipe and let me know what you think.
Hop over to Instagram, share your photo and tag @vineandplate and don’t forget to add the #vineandplate.
Ready to make
Crockpot White Bean Chicken Chili?
Crockpot White Bean Chicken Chili
- Large crockpot
- 2 lbs. Chicken We use 1 lb. chicken breast and 1 lb. of skinless, boneless chicken thighs.
- 4 cups Good Chicken Broth If you don’t have homemade, Better than Boullion is a great substitute.
- 1 cup Diced Carrots
- 3 stalks Diced Celery
- ½ cup Diced Red Bell Pepper
- 1 cup Diced white or yellow onion
- 1 cup Fresh or frozen corn kernels
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 ½ tsp. Ground cumin
- ½ tsp. Ground Coriander
- ½ tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 Bayleaf
- 8 oz Canned, diced Green Chilis
- 1 15 oz can White Beans Navy or Cannellini
Serve it with your favorite toppings -- here are a few of mine:
- Fresh Cilantro
- Lime Wedges
- Pickled or Fresh Jalepeños
- Sour Cream
- Hot Sauce, like Tapitio or Chilula
- Shredded Cheese, like Monterey Jack
- Corn tortilla chips
- Prep all your veggies.
- Add the chicken, chicken stock, spices, and all of the veggies except the frozen corn. [Don't add the beans either, that happens later.]Stir everything together.
- Set your timer on low for 8 hours or high for 6.
- Before you add the beans and corn, pull the chicken out and chop it or shred it. We like ours shredded.
- During the last 45 minutes, add in the corn and white beans.
Hey, I’m Lisa and I’m glad you stopped by. I love food and wine and making things that people love. Speaking of love, that’s my hubby with me in this photo. We were in one of the many tulip fields in Holland in 2018. Such beautiful colors and these fields stretched for miles and miles. Anyway, thanks for checking out the recipe. I’d love to hear how it goes when you make it so come back to the recipe and leave a comment and rating. Also, don’t forget to share your photo on Instagram and tag #vineandplate so I can brag about you 😉 …. Read More
Leave A Comment