Black bean salsa with pineapple and jalapeno is the perfect partner for your next mexican food dish! Fresh, healthy and full of flavor. Easy to prepare — 10 minutes of prep time + 30 minutes for the flavors to meld…and voila! Enjoy!
Black Bean Salsa with Pineapple and Jalapeno
We love taco night here at Casa Bollow.
When we have taco night, we try to use new recipes, flavor combinations and ingredients to mix things up a bit.
This recipe came from a recent taco night where I made Carnitas Tacos.
I didn’t take a ton of prep photos.
I know, all of the food blogger peeps do, but seriously — do you really need to see the black beans in a can or the chopped up pineapple, jalapenos, red bell pepper and cliantro?
I didn’t think so.
What I love about this black bean salsa with pineapple and jalapeno is that it has such a great fresh flavor and it’s easy. I mean EASY!
It was so good, I had a little bowl as a snack sans tacos!
You’ll notice that I don’t have onion in my salsa. Definitely add a little red onion if you like it.
My hubs doesn’t care for raw onions so I leave it out of most recipes.
You are gonna to LOVE this
Black Bean and Pineapple Jalapeno Salsa!
Fresh, light and easy — this salsa adds a ton of flavor and is a nice switch from tomato based salsas.
- 1 can of black beans rinsed
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup of diced fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup of diced sweet red bellpeppers
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime
- Fresh cilantro — as much as you like
- Drain a can of black beans and rinse them well
- dice all of the veggies up
- mix all the ingredients together and let sit for at least 30 minutes before serving
- Category: Condiments & Sauces
- Cuisine: Mexican / American
Keywords: black bean salsa, fresh black bean salsa, black bean and pineapple salsa