You’ll love this Massaman Curry Recipe. So easy and delicious.
What I love most about this recipe is the FLAVOR and the fact that it takes about 30 minutes from start to table. I use Mike’s Curry Love Massaman Paste — honestly the best ever — and it always turns out perfect!
Massaman Curry Recipe
This semi-homemade recipe will become one of your go-to’s.
It’s super easy and delicious. All you have to do is a pantry and fridge raid, pull your favorite veggies, protein, and rice and you’re good to go!
The two non-negotiables are Mike’s Curry Love Massaman Paste and a good can of coconut milk.
Everything else is up to you.
The ingredients I used are:
- Sliced Chicken Breast
- Red bell pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- Dash of Worcestershire (I didn’t have fish sauce)
- Jasmine Rice
- Ready-made naan
I sauteed the chicken in a little olive oil and set aside, then sauteed the veggies for a few minutes to pre-cook them a bit and set them aside too.
Mike’s Curry Love directions for the paste are easy. Put a little coconut oil in the pan and bloom the paste (cook it for about 5 minutes until fragrant) then add all the veggies, chicken and coconut milk back in.
I simmered everything together for about 10 minutes to marry all the flavors.
Served over jasmine rice with a side of naan and bam! 💥
Ready to make
this Massaman Curry Recipe?
When you want a quick and delicious meal, this Massaman Curry is the answer.
- One packet of Mike’s Curry Love Massaman Paste
- One can of good Thai Coconut Milk
- Olive oil for sauteing
- Any veggies you like — I chopped up carrots, mushrooms, red bell peppers
- Herbs and additional spices — I added a tablespoon of fresh basil, a teaspoon of fresh minced ginger, a pinch of sugar and a couple dashes of Worcestershire sauce because I didn’t have any fish sauce
- Protein of choice — One large chicken breast, cubed
- Jasmine rice
- Ready-made Naan
Follow the directions on the packet of Mike’s Curry Love Massaman Paste. Which basically says to sautee the curry paste in a little oil, add the coconut milk and the cooked veggies and protein.
To cook the chicken and veggies, first I sauteed the chicken and removed it from the pan.
Next, I sauteed the veggies in a little olive oil until just tender with a little crunch left.
Add everything back to the curry and coconut and simmer for about 10 minutes to marry the flavors.
Serve with jasmine rice and a side of naan for an extra special treat!
- This could easily be a vegetarian meal. Skip the animal protein, toss in some tofu and you are all set.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: curry, massaman curry, rice, vegetables